0
Students reading along ETF building in RSUST during Examination
Please know that am writing this article based on our own point of view. Please comments and contributions are welcomed.

Night class as it is known by students in the River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)  and Till Day Break (TDB) as known by students on other campuses, is a culture in almost all Nigerian universities, polytechnics and Colleges.

Students who don't go for night classes are normally called 'dull' students but wait! are they actually dull? of course not! why? this is because you just have to understand your body system.

The issue of 'sleeping on duty' during night classes is an unavoidable one as we all are a victim of this. We often hear students complain they find it hard reading for atleast two hours every night before dozing off.

The truth of the issue is that most times it's difficult to stay awake all through the night after stressing our system during the day. Sometimes we still doze off even when we don't work during the day.

These few tips will help us as student keep us awake:

1. Understand your body System:
This is the most important when considering the option of embarking on this journey. it is better you during the day. Immediately lectures end don't go home, stay behind and read maybe till 8pm or even 9pm. Trust me sleep will never come close until 9:30pm. At 2:30am you can wake and read till maybe 4:30. At about 5:30am you can go back to the class and read till about 7:30am and take a rest before classes start again.

If you don't understand your system you may end up sleeping in class for ever and before you know it exam is around the corner.

from my observations, people who read in their hostels tends to do better than those who sleep in the class all in the name of reading.

READ ALSO:19 things every RSUST Student goes Through Without Noticing (No 15 will shock you)


2. Determination:
During my first year in the university (two years ago), my reading point was the ETF building, if you want me to fall under anointing then just turn the fan on and you will see me. I goto class by 8pm and before 9:30pm oh my God: spit is all over my books and my pen i can't find.

This continued for almost a month and finally i relocated to the SC classes where there we no fan. Weeks later, i became uncomfortable with my little orchestra friends (mosquitoes). I asked myself do you prefer mosquito bite to sleeping? i shook my head no. I asked again do u prefer malaria to sleeping? i answered no. I was confused at that moment. Days passed and it became unbearable as time was fast flying and text swiftly getting closer.

I was complaining to almost everybody and nobody seemed to give me a solution. I googled the internet for almost 7hours and their answers seemed to worsen the situation. I almost cried until i told myself i am going back to my room (the ETF class) if i want to fail then let me sleep. The first day i was fully armed with my three bags of sachets water waiting sleep to come. Immediately it came i poured water on myself in the presence of other students (they never understood what i was going through). This continued until i was able to scale through.

READ ALSO: Fear grows as night class turns hell


3. Don't try to cheat nature (Take enough Rest):
Most people read seven days a week (my brothers and sisters you no tear person certificate, pleas take a rest). After being the first to ask questions in the class because you don't understand, you talk after lecture ends and jump when you get to your hostels or even after a long distance walk you want to go ahead to read, my dear na sleep get you.
It's advisable to take enough rest during the day before embarking on this journey.

4.Use coffee if that's your strength:
I had a night class room mate (we read in the same class) he reads from 10pm till 4am. Seriously while am busy sleeping this dude is busy reading in the alter with his full glass of coffee (inside 5liters rubber).

READ ALSO: Editorial: How To Identify Your Strengths and Weaknesses as a Student


5. Use Phone to listen to music:
Listening to music helps us to stay awake but for some it's the highest form of distraction. The music should be soft and gentle (blues preferable..  for me i like playing beyonce, rihanna or even chris brown and sometimes celine dion - in his touch...lol). This song should be played using headset so as not to disturb other students reading.

READ ALSO: Editorial: RSUST Backgate – a Road for Broad day-light Robbers.


Part 6 to 10 - To be Continued Next Week!






Post a Comment Blogger

PLEASE DO WELL TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS:

NOTE: Please use the FACEBOOK comment if you are having difficulty using the BLOGGER comment system.

 
Top