0
Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has revealed he has been left disappointed after Alex Iwobi and his father failed to keep the promises they made to him over the Arsenal forward’s participation at the Rio Olympics.
Arsenal have stopped Iwobi from the Olympics after initially agreeing to release him late for the summer games.

“Alex Iwobi is not coming. I tried to call his father, but he wasn’t picking my calls. He used to call me frequently when he wanted his son to play for the country, but now that we need his son for the Olympics football tournament, he is not picking my calls,” lamented Siasia.

“But there is no problem, Alex remains my boy, I love him like my own son, but I am just disappointed that he and his father couldn’t keep the promises they made to me.”

Incidentally, the 20-year-old Iwobi first trained with Siasia’s U23s before he changed his international allegiance from England to make his debut for the Super Eagles last year.

Post a Comment Blogger

PLEASE DO WELL TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS:

NOTE: Please use the FACEBOOK comment if you are having difficulty using the BLOGGER comment system.

 
Top