0
Ha! The worst part of this is that it would be sold in schools and children will assimilate what they would be taught. One can only but imagine how the contents of the book would look like.

Three people are responsible... the author and the printing press. While the author's fault is obvious and inexcusable. How can i own a desktop publishing printing press and not edit and proof read what is being given to me to type, bind and package? Unfortunately, money matter have blinded the ethics of publishing. Tufiakwa!!!

Thirdly sef, our Nigerian Publisher Association is literally dead... Any dick and harry can publish a book today without their knowledge and it would be in circulation in the market. Chayiiiiii!

Last last, diariz God!!!

Most people want to write a book but they make two huge mistakes.


1) They think they have to write it all by themselves.
2) They never pay for a professional editor to edit their mistakes.

Prolific writers like J.K Rowling and Chimamanda Adiche are not infallible and make mistakes even with spell checkers and Grammarly.
Their editors are handsomely paid to bring the book up to date.

Even the bicycle repairer in your village with Primary School education can write a book. If he pays a professional editor, it will look as if Achebe wrote it.

Someone I wrote a book for wanted me to spell check, grammar update, format for kindle, design the book cover, and other things in order to save costs. I told him I do not specialize in such services and suggested he outsources to Fiverr. He insisted, I did the best I could and got paid for it but I cannot guarantee it will be error free.

Another one insisted and after 3 spell checks and plagiarism checks, there were still errors in the book that needed professional touch.

I am trying to write my own books for sale on Kindle now. I have paid almost $40 for initial research and I will budget about $100 for professional editing. You cannot be a jack of all trades. A fresh set of eyes can save you local and international embarrassment.

Post a Comment Blogger

PLEASE DO WELL TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS:

NOTE: Please use the FACEBOOK comment if you are having difficulty using the BLOGGER comment system.

 
Top