0

ETC for SUG PRESIDENT RSUST

 Greatest RSUST students my name is TONGAWAJI CALEB EMMANUEL (ETC) of the department of Mechanical Engineering and I am running for the office of the SUG president. I absolutely love RSUST. It’s indeed the centre for excellence and creativity, and I want to help build on the wonderful student community we have here.


I envision a union year led by a team of God-fearing students whose goal is to protect the interest of the Students with regard to their Welfare and ensure that they enjoy their stay in this university by assisting the Management of the University to tackle the numerous Security challenges in the campus, transportation related challenges, advocating and ensuring a conducive and friendly learning environment for the students, good cordial and respectful relationship with the management of the University, fight  indiscipline and moral decadence, promote healthy moral and academic competition in areas of quiz and paper presentation with great awards to accompany it, promote and uphold good sanitary condition of the campus especially the lecture halls and hostels.



These I will achieve through my agenda given blow.



EDUCATION/AWARD:

My government shall embark on, encourage and support adequately, good educational programmes that are geared toward Excellence and creativity in line with the motto of the School. This will be in the area of Workshop trainings, Research, Symposia and lectures.

I shall create an educational award for the best 7 students drawn from each faculty at the end of the union year to encourage and stir up the students to study.



AFFORDABLE TRANSPORT SCHEME

I will ensure and maintain a uniform transport fare of N30 at all time within the Campus.

Taxi drop shall be N100 instead of N150.

I will collaborate with the Management of the school to partner with private transport company who can provide big coaster bus that can convey students from Ust Main gate to Rumuokoro or Eleme Junction for as low as N50.

My government shall partner with the management of the school to provide an SUG mass Assisted Bus shuttle that can convey students within the Campus for as low as N20.



 SPORT.

 Knowing the important of sport and exercises to our health, I shall ensure an adequate promotion of Sporting activities. My government shall Initiate A RSUST premire league for the promotion football. I will collaborate with the management of the School to see if we can possibly build a sizable SWIMMING POOL in the campus to promote swimming as a sport.



LIFE MADE SIMPLE IN THE HOSTEL

I am very much aware of the unbearable pains that students living in the hostel are passing through.

I shall work very hard to make the hostels a conducive living environment for our students in the following area.

1.      Ensure regular cutting of grasses around the hostel by the appropriate body.

2.      Carry out general cleaning and inspection of the hostels periodically

3.      Carry out regular fumigation in and outside the Hostel.



FOOD /FEEDING

I have heard some pathetic story of food poisoning experience by our students and my government shall put a stop to it.

I will ensure that food vendors within the campus are hygienically certified. I will ensure that food vendors within the campus sells at approved uniform price. Maintain good quality and great quantity for the satisfaction of the students.

I shall also collaborate with the School management to see to the possibility of building an open hall central Kitchen to enable student cook their meal due to present economic hardship face by the populace. I believe that it more economical for students to cook their food than to buy.



SECURITY

My government shall work closely with the management and security personnel in the campus to ensure the adequate security of life and property of the school and students. This we shall achieve that forming our voluntary Security   team and Student Spy police.



PROJECT KEEP RSUST CLEAN:

As it is said, “CLEALINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS”. Recently we formed a volunteer organization called TEAM for the purpose of keeping RSUST clean. As SUG PRESIDENT, if elected, I shall personally lead and monitor this exercise to ensure that RSUST is CLEAN & GREEN.



WAR AGAINST HARRASMENT AND VICTIMIZATION OF OUR STUDENTS ESPECIALLY OUR FEMALE STUDENTS.

My Government shall provide a complaint box to gather feedback and complains from students at the SUG secretariat for this purpose and also standardized feedback across departments

We shall within the ambit of the law treat all matter of victimization and harassment of the students and ensure that justice is duly served.



LECTURE HALL:

My government shall liaise with the management and faculty presidents to provide a good wireless public address system (PAS) in the major lecture halls so that student can audibly receive their lectures.



EXAMINATION TIMETABLE/ RELEASE OF RESULTS.

I totally condemn the untimely release of our results without a proper and adequate communication to the students. My government shall collaborate with the management of the school to ensure adherence to the School Calendar year and prompt posting of the students result. Our final year students shall no longer experience any form of delay to enable them go for their youth service.



TOWN HALL MEETING:

My government shall embark of town hall meeting in each of the 7 faculty of the school. I want hear your voice, I want to feel your pains, I want to humbly relate with you. You are far more important and you are the reason why I am there. Town hall meeting will provide the opportunity for you to speak your mind and we shall honour it.



SUG WEEK

Fellow students, as much as we know that we are here to learn, we believe that our SUG WEEK must be given its real face.

If students are compel not to learn on every workers day where our lecturers and workers celebrate their day, then we shall liaise with our DSA and the management of the School to ensure a lecture free week for our students to enable them fully participate in all the activities of the week and enjoy it.



GOOD, CORDIAL AND HARMONIOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT.

Fellow student, we must always keep at the back of our mind that the school management was here before we came and will always be there after our graduation, hence unconditional respect and regard must at all time be accorded to the school management. My government shall ensure a cordial and harmonious relationship with the school management to protect and promote the interest and welfare of our students.

However, any policy that will afflict pains and suffering on the students without wide consultation with students shall be peacefully and humbly rejected by us.



These are the main points I wish to address, but as well as these I will endeavor to listen to your opinions and the things you would like to see change!





I URGE YOU ALL TO VOTE FOR



YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD

YOUR WELFARE TO BE PROTECTED

YOUR VIEWS TO BE RESPECTED



VOTE

TONGAWAJI CALEB EMMANUEL

FOR SUG PRESIDENT  (RSUST)

Post a Comment Blogger

PLEASE DO WELL TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS:

NOTE: Please use the FACEBOOK comment if you are having difficulty using the BLOGGER comment system.

 
Top