0
 Sequel to the preparation for the forth coming SUG election which will hold on Friday 24 June, 2016, there have been different opinions on the proposed e-voting as opposed to the normal delegate election.

Yesterday, the GISTMEUST Team took to the Hostels Laptops and Phones for students to tell which idea they support, the Delegate or the e-voting. Hostels visited where H, PG and some part of F & G Hostels.

The voting process was a success as students turned out in mass to express their views on the subject of the matter.

In an interview with a student in Hostel H, Abigailjosiah Azubuike said
I want to be able to login into my portal and vote... I want e-voting, I want to be able to have a say on who to be the SUG president or executive will be.

When asked what her greatest fear was concerning the e-voting, here is her statement.

My greatest fear concerning the proposed e-voting is the EP Agents because I know they have students’ passwords and usernames but for me I changed my password after I did my clearance. so i think the school management should talk with them.

 Do you think the school management can hijack the election?

I don’t trust thought but I think it is better because for seven years now we have been sending representatives why don’t we try something new. Also from what I read on your website, the school management has introduced two new positions in the SUG i.e. SRC (Student Representative Council) and JRC (Judicial Representative Council) which I never knew existed. so i don't think a managemt that brought what was hidden will hijack the election.


Are you saying the idea of the e-voting is a welcome development?

Yes it is. I read on your website that some aspirants and Faculty presidents are agitating for a delegate election. It is shameful to say that it was during the SUG WEEK that I knew who the SUG president was. At least if we go by e-voting, the aspirants will come to our classes and hostels campaigning, from there we will know who to vote and who not to vote for.


She further stated:

The idea of ballot would be preferable but we as girls don’t want it considering the environment this University is located. To avoid putting the lives of students into danger and making things easier, e-voting should go. I urge the school management and the Student Union Government to please place e-polling units in all Faculties and departments.


See the screenshots of some of the votes taken last night.





Post a Comment Blogger

PLEASE DO WELL TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS:

NOTE: Please use the FACEBOOK comment if you are having difficulty using the BLOGGER comment system.

 
Top